Be a part of the Hillside Team! Volunteer!
Hillside welcomes all parents, grandparents, and community friends to volunteer at our school. Please complete the online training in order to be a volunteer. Even if you have completed the training in the past you must do it again each year. It takes 48 hours for it to show in the system that you completed the training, so please plan accordingly. Follow the link to complete the training.
- Complete the mandatory online training.
- Complete the volunteer application.
- Please allow 48 hours for your application to be processed before you visit a school to volunteer.
- When you arrive at a school for your first volunteer assignment, please present your government identification (i.e. driver’s license, state issued ID cards, Mexican consular cards, green cards, military ID) to verify your identity.
For questions regarding the volunteer application process please call 404-765-7159.
Also, upon arrival of the first time you volunteer at Hillside you must present your picture ID. Please allow a few minutes extra that first time. This is just once a year.
All volunteers are invited to a Volunteer Orientation on Tuesday, August 25 from 12:00-12:30pm or 6:00-6:30pm. You will be able to learn more about getting involved at Hillside and hopefully find a spot that matches you! Any questions, please contact Kelli Koski at firstname.lastname@example.org or Renee Corley at email@example.com.
- Need to complete your volunteer training?
- Need to know more about volunteering opportunities?
- Need to submit or request PTA funds?
- Need to promote a PTA event?
- Need to submit your volunteer hours?
Please look over our committees for volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you. You can contact the committee chair or submit our PTA Volunteer Form and our Hillside Volunteer Coordinator will contact you. Thanks in advance for your support! You are a huge part of Hillside’s success!!
If you are a new volunteer to Hillside, please look through the PTA Volunteer Procedures which contains helpful information.
PTA Income Form 2015 Please use the PTA Income Form for submitting income; checks should be itemized. Note: two verification signatures are required.
Check Request Form 2015 Please use this form for requesting a check to be paid from the PTA. This form should be accompanied by an Expense Form.
PTA expense 2015 Please use this form for requesting reimbursement for items purchased
Cash Box Form 2015 Please use this form to account for cash collected during a PTA sale (tickets, spirit wear, memberships, etc.) Line “Total 4” is the beginning cash amount in the cash box; lines “Total 1” through “Total 3” should be the amount collected during the event. Cash box(es) should be requested from the Treasurer a week before the event.
Need to announce news about your PTA event? Please contact the following coordinators:
PawPrints (weekly Hillside newsletter)
WDOG News (daily closed-circuit tv news)
Hillside Entrance Marquee
Your volunteer hours are important! Please be sure to log in and log out when volunteering at school. Your time at home is valuable too! Be sure to drop off the PTA Home Volunteer Hours at the front office. Volunteer hours you SHOULD be counting include:
- Going on a field trip
- Baking for an event
- Making phone calls about school events
- Travel time to and from the school to volunteer
- Attending PTA meetings
- Attending any school event or party
- Attending PTA Council or District meetings